Friday, June 1, 2012

2 years 11 months and 28 days...

And finally I did it after 2 years 11 months and 28 days, I was in my home town “The historical silk city" Bhagalpur”. I had to go little bit of travails while travelling to Bhagalpur but when I am writing this piece I feel it was worth it. While travelling I boarded a spice jet flight for the city of joy. I was little or more tipsy as I am scared of flying so just to ward off my fear I had vodka swigs. Like a professional I took out my laptop and tried to finish my office work but thanks to vodka ,it actually did hit my nerves and I entered wrong password thrice and it got locked and because of vodka my work has not been finished yet and it gave me lots of pain not only in Bhagalpur but wherever I went like my shadow ghost. Finally I reached Bengaluru airport and I was waiting for security check. Although I had to board spice jet flight but I took an Indigo flight tag and fasten into my bag and my security check was successful. Thanks to the security check otherwise I would have missed my flight because for the first time I fastened Jet air ways tag in my bag but because of the alert security personnel I had to go back and redo this process. I was standing in a queue and saw a girl who had to board the same flight and vodka broke the ice between us and we started talking,exchanged our numbers and finally boarded the flight. Although we did not sit together. I got an emergency exit window seat and a beautiful air hostess asked me about the emergency exit evacuation process and I sniggered at her ( I am feeling sorry about her because she was really nice because while returning from Kolkata I met her again in the flight and I wanted to have coffee but I had no change and I told her and she served me coffee for free). Finally landed in Kolkata and it was a very pleasant stay with my girl friend’s parents except for the city’s sultry weather which was unbearable. I had a great Bengali dinner and one thing I found very peculiar about bong community that while they serve food they do it in a phased manner. They donot keep all food on table. Its more like a card game where you have to keep guessing “what next”. I was also clueless about the menu but I ate a lot. Though I claim myself to be a foodie but my girl friend outrightly rejects this claim. Also had a chance to meet my sister in law Googly (bitch,yes she is a bitch) and her son Z (adorable dog) I loved them. They are so pampered that I had to sleep without A/C and they slept in an A/C room. Well Its all ones fate. Finally I reached Howrah station where one of my junior was waiting for long. Actually we had a beer plan but I was late so we could not make it. It was so hot that I had to change my jeans. Also I did not have confirmed ticket but somehow I boarded the second class compartment and managed to sit. I felt pretty nice sitting in second class and I started remembering my best days of my life at JNU. I used to return back in vacation in second class only. Little did I curse myself for all those diseased lifestyle which I have been following. At last reached Bhagalpur , the city which gave me everything right from air which I breathe and I grew up ,basic education which was like back bone for my development, great friends whom I still count on and the most important thing the small town mentality which differentiates me from everyone and the hunger to go beyond anything and everything. I met my dad and I felt that he have become older in this 3 years span. I missed him all these years because he is still my best friend whether I made it or not I always consulted him albeit in high spirits. I think I am wrong and there would not be any justification about it. Selfless relationships are like farce these days but this one is the sad truth. I really felt bad but somewhere as I was addicted which my parents were oblivion about. Tear drops like an ounce or two rolled down but helpless I was and still I am while writing this. I am still wondering whether there is any life beyond anything called life which is not plastic. What is pain all about and its feeling which stings every one and all. My mom!! “ The iron lady of our home” cried while hugging me. I was also moved little bit. After meeting them I went inside my “Puja room”(kind of room where God’s and deities pictures are kept and also Grand pa’s and mom’s pictures). I laughed out loud when I saw Nirmal baba’s picture in that room. He is a religious serial fraud though. I told my parents and my dad knew about him and he was laughing at mom. I met my youngest brother named Blue. He is a sweet heart very Well Behaved and smart kid. He did every thing for me. I am really feeling sorry about him because I could not buy him Reebok shoes which he demanded this time. Instead I bought him school shoes and a pair of sandal. My stay at home was nice although it was too hot but I love Bhagalpur so much that I overlooked it. Some times or more often I felt like going back to my home town leaving behind all the shits called competition and rat race but Alas!! That race and competition is everywhere these days and that’s the way we all survive and thrive here or there. I still regret about one of my decision which I have not even touched keep aside tried. Though I cam back with some sort of confidence but it almost been one month but I have not ever did it in the past one month. Sad it is though…..

No comments:

Post a Comment